Jet Aviation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), is one of the leading business aviation services companies in the world. Close to 4,800 employees cater to client needs throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Pacific, North and South America. Jet Aviation provides Completions, MRO, Engineering, FBO and fuel services, along with Flight Services including Aircraft Management, Charter, Sales and Staffing Services. The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and passion with one common mission: to serve customers best!
Technician GSE / FM Business/Function: Regional Operations US
Career Band / Job Grade: B2 / 6
Job Code: US0104 / Technician GSE / FM
Work Location: Cahokia, IL
Reports to: Senior Manager Customer Service
The Technician GSE / FM is responsible for performing scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance and support of all mechanical equipment used by operations to serve customer needs. This includes a full range of handling services such as aircraft pushback and the safe operation of Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the ground support equipment for the flight line within established operating procedures. Responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle maintenance shop as well as for the vehicles in for maintenance
- Responsible for fuel farm maintenance, operations and repairs
- Ordering of parts for the ground vehicles knowledge of vehicle maintenance, preventive maintenance, and the ability to learn ground power units and their systems
- Must have the ability to learn and maintain the aviation re-fuelers
- Must have knowledge of procedures and techniques on quality control of aviation fuels
- Must have working knowledge or trainable on basic DC electrical systems
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose malfunctions
- Adjusts, cleans and lubricates parts of mechanical devices as necessary
- Requisitions replacement parts and equipment
- Oversees contractors at supervisory/management level
- Responsible for minor facility repairs such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and general maintenance
- Other duties may be assigned
- Represent Jet Aviation as one company internally and externally with industry groups, regulatory bodies and the General Dynamics network
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience
- Basic English language skills
- Good communication skills
- Common courtesy and customer orientation
- Extraordinary customer focus
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Willing to perform other tasks as assigned
- Ability to work flexible schedules and in various weather conditions as well as meeting minimum physical requirements of the job
- Strong project management experience
- Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk or sit. The employee is occasionally required to climbs or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds over their heads. Specific vision required for this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to work in both a heavy maintenance environment and in upscale customer areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional high volume when aircrafts arrive/depart. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. Occasional fuel fumes may permeate the workplace. Employee must be willing and able to work in all types of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The Hangar environment may be extreme hot and cold during certain seasons of the year.