We touch down in Vienna on our FBO tour of the world
For this week's city tour we stop in Vienna, Austria — former de facto capital of the Holy Roman Empire, capital of the Austrian and the Austro-Hungarian Empires, and world capital of classical music! Jet Aviation has been operating its #FBO and #MRO facility in Vienna since 2014. See what your colleagues, Mark Vass, Nina-Caroline Berger and Yusaf Sayin, say you shouldn't miss while visiting the "City of Dreams." Say Servus Vienna!
- Start the day with a breakfast at Naschmarkt, Vienna’s best-known market and lively meeting point for young and old alike. With 100+ stands offering an array of International cuisine, there’s always something to see or do, including a trending Flea Market on Saturdays.
- As one of the country’s most important historic monuments, be sure to visit Schönbrunn Palace. If you don’t want to tour the near-1,500 rooms, the Palace Orchestra also gives daily concerts at the location where Mozart & Salieri competed in 1786.
- Tour the inner city, from Stephansdom to St. Stephen’s Cathedral, and take in the wonders of this three square kilometer UNESCO World Heritage site. Vienna’s old town brims with history, culture, coffeehouses, restaurants and, of course, high-end shopping.
- Visit the Viennese Vinyards and “Heuriger” (wine taverns) which mark the cityscape and its culture of pleasure. Wine making has a long tradition in Vienna, particularly for white wines. Be sure to try a Gemischter Satz, a Viennese specialty.
- End the day at a Rooftop bars with a cool drink and a spectacular view. There is nothing better than enjoying a sunset with a view of St Stephen’s Cathedral in the heart of Vienna.
Tag us on your favorite picture of Vienna using #JetAviationCityTour!
Introducing Manuel Viehweg in A Day in the Life of an FBO Line Employee
– Europe, Dusseldorf, FBO, Staffing, Safety