Jet Aviation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), is one of the leading business aviation services companies in the world. Close to 4,800 employees cater to client needs throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Pacific, North and South America. Jet Aviation provides Completions, MRO, Engineering, FBO and fuel services, along with Flight Services including Aircraft Management, Charter, Sales and Staffing Services. The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and passion with one common mission: to serve customers best!
Business/Function: Regional Operations US
Career Band / Job Grade: B1 / 3
Job Code: US0121 / Driver (Part time)
Work Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reports to: Senior Manager Customer Service
This position is responsible for driving or transporting employees or visitors as directed.
- Picks up and transports employees or visitors as directed
- May be the designated driver of a manager or executive within the organization
- Occasionally picks up and delivers packages
- Responsible for washing and fueling all company transportation vehicles
- Assists with Line Service and Customer Service as needed
- Represent Jet Aviation as one company internally and externally with industry groups, regulatory bodies and the General Dynamics network
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age, with a clean driving record
- Basic English language skills
- Good communication skills
- Common courtesy and customer orientation
- Ability to work flexible schedules and in various weather conditions as well as meeting minimum physical requirements of the job
- Two years’ related experience as a commercial driver strongly preferred
- Customer service and safety focused
- Excellent communications, customer service and people skills
- Results driven – able to execute with high personal accountability
- Strong initiative and self-direction
- Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk or sit. The employee is occasionally required to climbs or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds over their heads. Specific vision required for this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to work in both a heavy maintenance environment and in upscale customer areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional high volume when aircrafts arrive/depart. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. Occasional fuel fumes may permeate the workplace. Employee must be willing and able to work in all types of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The Hangar environment may be extreme hot and cold during certain seasons of the year.