Jet Aviation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), has been enabling global flight with passion since 1967. From a single maintenance hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 50 locations and 4,000 employees worldwide, our offering includes Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defense, FBO, Maintenance, and Staffing. We are the effort behind effortless. The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and passion with one common mission: to serve customers best!
Job Title: Line & Ramp Services Agent
Business/Function: Regional Operations US
Career Band / Job Grade: B1/3
Job Code: US0124 / Customer Support & Operations
Work Location: Houston, TX
Reports to: Senior Manager Line Service
The position is required to serve the customer’s needs and the requirements of their aircraft in accordance with Jet Aviation policy and procedures by performing the duties listed below. This position is for 2nd shift.
Responsible for refueling and defueling all types of aircrafts on a daily basis, demonstrating knowledge of specific fueling requirements
• Provides towing and disconnecting services for all types of aircraft
• Executes hand signals in order to guide aircrafts during arrivals and departures
• Provides service to aircrafts using ground support equipment, e.g. use of GPU for aircraft engine starts and ground power, use of lavatory cart and emptying procedures, etc.
• Communicates with employees and/or crew using radios in order to provide excellent customer service
• Assists in providing aircraft with ice, coffee, catering and other necessary services
• Provides transportation for customers and pilots to and from aircraft, hotels, restaurants and other parts of the airport with courtesy van or bus
• Assists with aircraft and hangar cleaning, as needed
• Assists with general grounds keeping (grass cutting, weeding, picking up paper and trash, general housekeeping, etc.)
• Other duties may be assigned, as needed
• Represent Jet Aviation as one company internally and externally with industry groups, regulatory bodies and the General Dynamics network
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Must have a clean driving record
• Basic English language skills
• Good communication skills
• Common courtesy and customer orientation
• Ability to work flexible schedules and in various weather conditions as well as meeting minimum physical requirements of the job
• Must be able to obtain a certificate from NATA Line Service training program
• Must be able to obtain a motor vehicle operating permit (MVOP) within a reasonable (30-60 days) period
• Must obtain an Airport ID Badge within 30 days of employment
• Must have proven knowledge of refueling procedures of general aviation aircraft and corporate aircraft, as well as, working knowledge of towing procedures and techniques
• Two years’ related experience as a line service technician and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience strongly preferred
• Customer service and safety focused
• Excellent communications, customer service and people skills
• Results driven – able to execute with high personal accountability
• Strong initiative and self-direction
• Performs duties in the supervisor’s absence
• Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk or sit. The employee is occasionally required to climbs or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds over their heads. Specific vision required for this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to work in both a heavy maintenance environment and in upscale customer areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional high volume when aircrafts arrive/depart. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. Occasional fuel fumes may permeate the workplace. Employee must be willing and able to work in all types of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The Hangar environment may be extreme hot and cold during certain seasons of the year.