Senior Engineer Mechanical Systems:
In this position, the position holder provides senior level engineering drawings on mechanical systems in support of VIP aircraft completions to include advanced level technical solutions to complex mechanical problems associated with the design and implementation of systems into completion aircraft.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide advanced engineering design and analysis of mechanical systems and components.
- Prepare advanced mechanical system reports and drawings.
- Develop advanced mechanical system modifications and installation work instructions, procedures and recommendations.
- Superior knowledge of one or more of the following aircraft utility systems: Air condition, ventilation, equipment cooling, fire/smoke detection, water/waste (potable water, gray water and vacuum waste), oxygen, bleed air.
- Strong familiarization with trending and analysis of SB’s, AD’s, writing EO’s.
- Identifies discrepancies and/or problems with drawings before releasing to production and implements correction action to ensure the timely release.
- Provides advanced technical support and engineering disposition in order to resolve aircraft engineering/mechanical systems problems.
- Using company procedures, applies advanced level engineering knowledge to resolve complex issues.
- Reviews and actions Airworthiness Directives (ADs) so as to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Develops and implements engineering modifications and retrofits to completions in progress in accordance with OEM service bulletins.
- Obtains regulatory approval for modifications/repair performed on aircraft mechanical systems/components.
- Maintains advanced level awareness of FAA regulations and required compliance of FARs, ADs, SBs.
- Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets completion aircraft requirements.
- Acts as a mentor for junior level Engineers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Systems Engineering or comparable.
- 5+ years experience in Aviation Mechanical Systems Engineering or equivalent.
Experience with one or more of the following:
- ATA 38 – Water Waste
- ATA 21 – Air Conditioning
- ATA 26 – Smoke Detection
- ATA 35 – Oxygen
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer Aided Drafting/Design (SolidWorks preferred).
- Aviation background and mechanical systems experience required.
- Strong knowledge of industry mechanical systems and documentation standards.
- Experience with mechanical systems and components.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.