MRO Project Manager for a beautiful new facility in a stunning part of the US. True family culture where there is extremely low turnover and all of the managers have been there over fifteen years, as they all love the company, their colleagues and the service they provide to their customers. Socializing and having each other’s back are part of the DNA here – this is a special role at a special company.
The Project Manager will manage aircraft maintenance events beginning with the quoting process all the way through to customer follow up after the aircraft is returned to service. This position is responsible for communications with the customer and team members to ensure all customer requests are completed satisfactorily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned as required by management):
- Reports daily to Repair Station Manager
- Attends daily planning meetings
- Quotes maintenance projects
- Submits quotes for approval
- Coordinates project details with Business Development, Shop Supervisor, Quality personnel, and Team Leads
- Reviews squawks generated, produces estimates and submits to customer for approval
- Processes approvals and facilitates parts procurement
- Applies article warranty programs as applicable
- Ensures project financials stay on track
- Produces project updates
- Reviews work orders and produces invoices
- Meets with customer pre and post event and communicates with customer throughout event
- Corporate aircraft type experience
- Actual work experience must include troubleshooting, use of specialized tools, ground support equipment, and the use of aircraft maintenance manuals, parts catalogs, technical reports and forms.
- Experience supervising two or more line maintenance technicians
- Professional appearance
- Critical time management and logistical problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with a focus on safety and quality of work
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid A&P License.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work as a part of a team in a high stress, fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with little to no guidance.
- Must be a highly motivated, detail-oriented, organized, with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be computer proficient (MS Office, Aviation Maintenance Software).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb, kneel, squat, and stand for extended periods.
- Must have your own tools and toolbox.
- Must be available to be on call.
- Be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to read, write, and speak English at an advanced level.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- 10+ years of experience as an A&P mechanic
- 5 years experience in a supervisory role