To schedule and release part 91 and 135 flights while ensuring compliance with all company and FAA regulations as they pertain to said flights and optimizing fleet and crew capabilities and logistics. Finally, coordinating passenger day of trip logistics as requested by Customer Engagement.
- Choose appropriate airports considering runway length, elevation, and services offered.
- Choose preferred FBOs considering fuel pricing and. level of service offered.
- Negotiate fuel prices and fees with preferred FBOS
- Help identify preferred vendors for all trip expenses such as hotels, rental cars, etc. Negotiate best rates and discounts with preferred vendors
- Ensure flight line/crew compliance with established company policies when it comes to flight profiles, fuel planning, FBOs, vendor selection, etc.
- Run preliminary flight plans and weight and balance calculations to ensure trip capability.
- Generate trip sheets for flight crews and provide verbal briefing.
- Review NOTAMs and TFRs prior to dispatch and provide brief to crew.
- Review weather at destination airports and provide brief to crew.
- Dispatch fuel to optimize tankering calculations and obtain fuel releases.
- Manage aircraft and crew scheduling processes.
- Analyze aircraft fleet utilization to best serve our client needs and maximize overall safety and profitability.
- Coordinate, schedule and plan all flights as to allow the efficient use of the aircraft and minimize the number of empty repositioning flights.
- Monitor daily and future flight schedule to ensure service meeting the company's standards of excellence.
- Ensure that each flight can be safely conducted and that all activities are in compliance with FAA and company operations specifications prior to sending a preliminary itinerary to passengers or a trip sheet to flight crew.
- Arrange for catering and ground transportation for clients and flight crew as needed.
- Actively flight follow each Thrive Aviation flight, flown on-fleet or on an affiliate aircraft. Provide Customer Engagement team with the necessary data to flight follow with brokers as requested.
- Communicate any regulatory and/or aircraft performance issues to charter.
- Anticipate problems or issues and resolve them before they affect the safety of the flight or the customer service experience.
- Coordinate with Director of Maintenance to ensure the aircraft operations are safe and legal.
- Endeavor to identify, report, and eliminate hazardous conditions.
- Will proactively solicit post flight debriefings after each flight leg regarding passenger comments and preferences, and pass these along to charter sales.
- At the end of each shift, will review all work accomplished to ensure all customer service and operational needs brought up during the shift have been addressed by completing them or by deferring to the next flight dispatcher on staff via the Pass down process.
- Will review the next seven-day schedule on a daily basis to find opportunities to optimize the schedule by combining trips or removing empty legs.
- Will flight follow with customers in the manner and timeline they request, whether by phone, specific email addresses, or text notification.
- Will provide flight crews with a final trip sheet by 3 pm the day prior, or as soon as possible for popup flights.
- Will verbally brief the pilot in command assigned to a flight, or acting pilot in command in the case of flight conducting IOE (initial operating experience), prior to 5 pm each day or as soon as possible in the case of popup or international flights, on all details related to the flight, including:
- Pertinent NOTAMs, TFRs, Weather Briefings
- Preliminary APG data
- Fuel tankering summaries and releases
- Historical information on the passenger
- Passenger preferences
- all information available that will enable the flight crew to provide the best passenger experience possible
- Will ensure that all flights have had payment secured prior to sending trip sheets to the pilots.
- Represents the company in a professional manner at trade shows & industry/marketing events
- Must be able to work from the assigned office on a full-time basis and willing to carry a mobile phone or other similar communications to be accessible 24/7 as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation preferred.
- Prior aviation experience required.
- Must be highly organized with excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and must be able to communicate with all levels of employees with a superior level of professionalism.
- Must have a high level of detail with the ability to thrive in changing environments and the flexibility for frequently changing priorities.
- Must work well under pressure and able to multi-task.
- Be willing to work during off-hours, occasionally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Demonstrate broad knowledge of the functional area. Exercise independent judgment.
- Must be able to stand; walk; sit. May be required to lift and/or move objects up to 35 lbs.