AOG Technician required for a truly special company based in California. True family like culture where there is extremely low turnover and all of the managers have been there over fifteen years, as they all love the company, their colleagues and the service they provide to their customers. Socializing and having each other’s back are part of the DNA here – this is a special role at a special company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned as required by management):
- Report daily to the AOG Manager or Shift Supervisor.
- Coordinate with the AOG Manager or Shift Supervisor to ensure a safe and efficient repair and return to service of AOG and scheduled aircraft.
- Comply with all FARs, Operations Specifications, Company Policies and Company Procedures.
- Ensure appropriate technical data is used during the performance of maintenance, preventive maintenance and alteration activities.
- Ensure shop premises, AOG vehicles and work areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Must follow airport, TSA and DOT requirements for operating a motor vehicle.
- Ensure all maintenance or alterations processes are appropriately completed and documented as required by the operator and in accordance with the applicable FARs.
- Submit all required work orders, reports, receipts, timecards (Paylocity) and other company forms and records to the AOG or Team Lead Technician in a timely and organized manner.
- Maintain a close, productive and beneficial relationship with managers, peers, colleagues, manufacturer’s representatives, customers and other repair facilities.
- Ensure safety and quality of all assigned duties and responsibilities by actively and positively participating in SQMS program.
- Must be available for unscheduled on-call/call-out maintenance events 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays, as part of a rotating on-call schedule. Scheduled time off is accommodated.
- Must be available to perform unscheduled AOG maintenance in the field at remote locations requiring travel and overnight lodging at hotels, when scheduled.
- Must document all maintenance performed in the Corridor maintenance records database correctly and accurately.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A passion for aviation.
- At least three years of AOG or unscheduled RON/Line station maintenance experience. Part 145 Repair Station experience a plus.
- Work experience must include troubleshooting, use of specialized tools, ground support equipment, and the use of aircraft maintenance manuals, parts catalogs, technical reports and forms.
- Professional appearance.
- Troubleshooting skills and an ability to problem-solve.
- Critical time management and logistical problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail with a focus on safety and quality of work.
- On-call and after-hours support is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid A&P License.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with little to no guidance.
- Must be a highly motivated, detail-oriented, organized, with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be computer proficient (MS Office, Aviation Maintenance Software (Corridor)).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb, kneel, squat, and stand for extended periods.
- Must have your own tools and toolbox (basic hand tools).
- Must be available to be on-call.
- Be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to read, write and speak English. (Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus).
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Valid Passport is a plus.
Preferred Type Experience
- Bombardier Global, Challenger 300 and 600-Series
- Citation CE-560, XL, XLS, CE-680 and CE-750
- Gulfstream GIV, G450, GV, G550 and G650
- Dassault DA2000 and DA900
- Embraer EMB 100/500 and Legacy 135
Acceptable Type Experience
- All Gulfstream types
- All Cessna Citation types
- Dassault DA 10/20/50
- Hawker 800/900
- Learjet 20/30/45/60/75
- King Air/Caravan/Pilatus/ PT-6
- Piston aircraft