Jet Aviation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), is one of the leading business aviation services companies in the world. Close to 4,800 employees cater to client needs throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Pacific, North and South America. Jet Aviation provides Completions, MRO, Engineering, FBO and fuel services, along with Flight Services including Aircraft Management, Charter, Sales and Staffing Services. The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and passion with one common mission: to serve customers best!
Great opportunity to join our Global IT team! As Specialist IT Architecture (Network and Systems) of Jet Aviation you serve as the process owner responsible for designing computer networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), wireless, the Internet, intranets, and other data communications and Infrastructure systems. Creates, tests, and evaluates networks and systems. He or she will have responsibility for influencing the individuals in a matrixed team in order ensure group objectives are met, respecting budget, time and quality targets, in line with the organization’s strategy. The Specialist IT Architecture will be collaborating closely with various IT groups and business departments throughout the company to ensure that the roadmap for network architecture they develop is globally aligned and executed effectively.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Develop technology roadmaps
- Manage LAN/WAN and internet technology vendors.
- Analyze, engineer, and execute software functions.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various Infrastructure and Network projects.
- Lead and perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose business critical application problems.
- Supervise the upgrade of network hardware and software components as required.
- Determine business direction and align with compliance and security requirements.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Assess vendor development/test strategies.
- Drives a culture of trust, honesty, alignment, transparency and performance in line with JET VALUES
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, aviation regulations, and applicable GD and Jet Aviation policies.
- Conduct business ethically according to GD Blue Book regulations, and applicable GD and Jet Aviation policies.
- IT Services performances - time to resolve issues and requests
- End user satisfaction
- Network Services, Vendor Management and network performance metrics
- Information Technology bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information technology operations, information security and /or network architectures
- CCNP or equivalent networking professional certificates preferred with proven practical skill applied in projects or in the specifics of job roles held.
- Proficient with these technologies: AD, VMWare, NetApp/Storage SAN, Server 2016, Cisco ISE & Prime
- Deep understanding of network concepts such as MPLS, Mesh WAN VPN, Cloud integration, etc.
’experience in a broad range of network technology operations and progressive career in design leadership
- Capacity to adapt to a challenging and fast-moving environment, with changing priorities and a heavy workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Results driven – able to execute with high personal accountability
- Customer focused – externally focused - strong market perspective
- High business acumen
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (THAT)