Jet Aviation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), is one of the leading business aviation services companies in the world. Close to 4,800 employees cater to client needs throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Pacific, North and South America. Jet Aviation provides Completions, MRO, Engineering, FBO and fuel services, along with Flight Services including Aircraft Management, Charter, Sales and Staffing Services. The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and passion with one common mission: to serve customers best!
The Flight Controller authorizes, regulates, and controls corporate flights according to government and company regulations to expedite and ensure safety of flight by performing the following duties.
- Analyzes and evaluates meteorological information such as speed and direction of winds, visibility, and presence of storms, to determine potential safety of flight and desirable route.
- Manage and monitor flight movements on a timely basis.
- Record and communicate all flight movements according to company procedures.
- Review all trips for any possible trip disruption; check NOTAMS (domestic & int'l) PIREPS, SIGMETS, and AIRMETS and communicate to all concerned as necessary.
- Communicate all domestic ETAs to destination host facilities; internationally - as required during off-hours.
- Monitor radio communications efficiently and professionally.
- Be familiar with basic and intermediate level of knowledge concerning int'l operations.
- Communicate all home base ETA's to other company departments as necessary (FBO, Maintenance, and Transport Services).
- JAFS operational control authority is to be exercised
- Arrange for U.S. Customs, Immigration and Agriculture services as required.
- Assume other assignments at the request of the Manager of Flight Control
- Obtain airport slot reservations as and where required
- Perform shift work as scheduled to cover a 24 hour coverage period
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Represents Jet Aviation as one company internally and externally with industry groups, regulatory bodies and the General Dynamics network
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 4-7 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- FAA aircraft dispatcher certificate is required
- Private pilot license a plus!
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must present a team effort approach, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must be proactive, efficient, customer focused and able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong customer centricity
- Strong project management experience
- Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)