Jet Aviation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), is one of the leading business aviation services companies in the world. Close to 4,800 employees cater to client needs throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Pacific, North and South America. Jet Aviation provides Completions, MRO, Engineering, FBO and fuel services, along with Flight Services including Aircraft Management, Charter, Sales and Staffing Services. The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and passion with one common mission: to serve customers best!
Job Title: Customer Service Agent
Business/Function: Regional Operations US
Career Band / Job Grade: B1/3
Job Code: US0119
Work Location: Dallas, TX
The Customer Service Agent will provide assistance to passengers and crew throughout the different stages of travel through our Jet Aviation FBO’s. The job incumbent will be the main point of contact for service requests, inquiries, suggestions and complaints.
- Provide the best possible levels of service to our customers in a welcoming, friendly and respectful manner – make the customer feel at home
- Resolve customer inquiries and complaints fairly and effectively
- Increase customer satisfaction by understanding their needs and by responding to them promptly and efficiently
- Provide product and service information to customers and identify up-selling opportunities to maintain and increase income streams from customer relationships
- Recommend and implement programs to support customer needs
- Assist flight crews and customers with arrangements for hotels, ground transportation, catering, customs and other miscellaneous vendor service requirements
- Attend to handling requests, carry out pre- and post-flight administrative tasks including proper recording of all services in FBO1
- Participate in the Safety & Quality Management System in accordance to the safety and quality policy and be pro-actively involved in a positive safety culture environment
- Identify and report potential hazards and near misses as well as occurrences as required by the reporting system
- Respect all airport policies and all applicable laws and regulations without alienating customers and conduct all work in accordance with Jet Aviation’s Policies, Manuals and Procedures
- Represent Jet Aviation as one company internally and externally with industry groups, regulatory bodies and the General Dynamics network
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- English language skills (e.g. B2 proficiency level or equivalent)
- Good communication skills
- Common courtesy and customer orientation
- Ability to work flexible schedules and in various weather conditions as well as meeting minimum physical requirements of the job
- Work experience in the aviation industry or a related field (e.g. hospitality) would be an advantage
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Possesses cultural awareness and required sensitivity
- Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)
Physical Demands / Work Environment (USA only)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk or sit. The employee is occasionally required to climbs or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds over their heads. Specific vision required for this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to work in both a heavy maintenance environment and in upscale customer areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional high volume when aircrafts arrive/depart. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. Occasional fuel fumes may permeate the workplace. Employee must be willing and able to work in all types of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The Hangar environment may be extreme hot and cold during certain seasons of the year.