Jet Aviation is seeking highly skilled, personable and professional candidates to join our customer service team for the holiday season, in one of the world’s most exciting and glamorous industries. Earn a great salary while working at our facility in West Palm Beach, Florida
Who we are
Jet Aviation was established in 1967 in Basel, Switzerland and over the decades has become one of the leading service providers in the global corporate aviation industry. From our more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Europe, Middle East and Asia we take pride in offering a globally consistent world class service to our customers.
Corporate Aviation is the pinnacle of luxury and the guests who use our facilities do expect the highest level of excellence, commitment and professionalism from our customer service representatives. As ambassadors for Jet Aviation you will build customer confidence and trust, from the first warm welcome, until we say farewell.
This individual provides exceptional customer service. The CSR welcomes customers in person and/or by phone and focus on customer needs; provides them with assistance throughout the different departments within Jet Aviation; excels in customer retention, developing repeat customers and makes them feel satisfied and appreciated; gains the trust of customers; increases customer satisfaction by understanding their needs and responding quickly to them. The CSR is responsive to changing customer demands. Records customers’ information into computer for the use of the department by performing the following duties:
- Greets customers in a welcoming, friendly and respectful manner.
- Adheres to the Departmental Standards of Excellence for excellent customer service, grooming and dress code.
- Effectively enforces company policies without alienating customers.
- Establishes a business relationship that will make the customer feel welcome.
- Talks with customers by phone and in person and receives orders for services that are required during the customer visit.
- Provides directions for the customers to local attractions, activities, and restaurants as requested and/or by anticipating the customer's needs.
- Handles heavy volume of incoming communication via the telephone, aircraft radios, and internal radios with the line service personnel and/or by any other communication system the company may implement.
- Fills out service request forms, determines charges for service requested, collects credit card information, prepares change of address records.
- Must be able to understand and complete rental car agreements, which will either be completed inside the FBO or you might be asked to go to the aircraft to complete them.
- Solicits sale of new or additional services.
- Coordinates with the appropriate departments to provide the services the customer requires for fuel, maintenance, avionics, hangar, aircraft cleaning, accurate arrival and departure times and any other service requirements.
- Monitors the ARINC frequency for communicating directly with the aircraft en route. Master commonly used radio terminology including military time and the phonetic alphabet.
- Assists crewmembers with weather computer.
- Assists flight crews with arrangements for hotels, ground transportation, catering, customs and other miscellaneous vendor service requirements.
- Process sales transactions through the Point of Sale (POS) terminals and computer system, enter all cash and credit card sales and fuel purchase receipts.
- Adjusts complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to the lead customer service representative or supervisor for investigation.
- Assists in sorting and delivering customers and tenant’s mail.
- Must be able to drive vehicles cautiously around moving aircraft and ground servicing equipment.
- Must report to work in the proper uniform ready to work when the shift starts.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily or above. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have high school diploma or general education degree (GED) or higher education.
- At least one year related experience and/or formal training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be required to be over age 21 with a valid vehicle driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass an airport driver’s test and obtain an airport security ID badge within 30 days from date of hire.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Is able to speak effectively and clearly before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Having knowledge of a second language is desirable but not required.
- Since English is the language of aviation, the representative must be able to effectively, proficiently and clearly speak and understand the language.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Handles customer complaints with tact and diplomacy. Uses complaints to provide valuable customer feedback.
- Effectively copes with stress of demanding duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional high volume when aircrafts arrive/depart. Occasional fuel fumes may permeate the workplace.